Department: Engineering and Design Location: Falkirk Guildford Larbert Scarborough Skelmersdale Contract: Permanent
Alexander Dennis Limited has opportunities for positions of Design Engineer, based at any UK site within the Engineering Department and reporting to the Principal Engineer.
Design Engineer activities are to design, develop, verify and maintain vehicle and system designs to meet or exceed customer expectations and business requirements.
Why work for Alexander Dennis Limited
Working at Alexander Dennis Limited (ADL) provides you with the opportunity to work with our exceptional team members, who are committed to designing, engineering, building and supporting innovative and world class quality vehicles. To provide every customer with an exceptional experience, you will get a chance to show your potential for growth, creativity, energetic ambitions and enthusiasm.
Get ready for a new journey in your life and join us.
Opportunities for the future
Every minute, in countless towns and cities around the world – including London, Hong Kong, New York City, Vancouver and Las Vegas – Alexander Dennis buses carry 25,000 passengers. The market is changing very fast and passengers depend on reliable and comfortable buses. ADL is at the forefront of the development of hybrid, smart diesel and electric vehicles which provide maximum customer satisfaction. This is a great opportunity for you to achieve the most in your career by joining growing, successful international business. ADL will continuously be support and develop the chances to make a positive difference in your career.
Your role and responsibilities
As a key member of the Engineering team the role will include the following tasks:
- Contribute to the design, development, testing and on-time delivery of new and existing products throughout product lifecycles
- Preparation, production and modification of design schemes, calculations, specifications, detail drawings, and BOMs to the relevant quality and safety standards
- Ensure common designs, interfaces and principles are applied consistently across all vehicle platforms and territories. Promote the re-use of parts and modular design philosophies
- Interface directly with internal and external customers on technical issues and requirements. Ensuring high customer satisfaction through safe, reliable and well supported implementations
- Ensure compliance with relevant internal and international standards, best practice and legislation
- Develop and maintain clear design documentation packages
- Arrange and co-ordinate activities with internal and external partners or suppliers to achieve quality, cost and delivery targets for each project
Your current profile
The successful candidate should have the following attributes and be able to demonstrate experience of the following:
- Engineering Degree or equivalent experience in relevant discipline
- Active interest in vehicle based technologies and developments
- Detailed understanding of vehicle design
- Ability to work in a structured environment
- Proven problem solving skills
- The ability to communicate at all levels
- Good team player
- Able to work without supervision under own initiative
- Strives for continuous improvement
- Willingness to travel
How to apply
ADL strives to be recognised as a world leader in the provision of buses, coaches and support services, which we will achieve through our products (which will be the most reliable), our people (who will be customer focused, passionate and committed to excellence) and our service (which will be class-leading).
If your skills and experience are matching with this opportunity and you want to join a growing, successful international business, please fill in the form below to apply.