Department: Corporate & Executive Location: Guildford Contract: Temporary
An exciting and diverse opportunity has arisen at Alexander Dennis's Guildford site for an Executive Assistant, on a maternity cover basis. The Executive Assistant provides full support to the UK Chassis Operations Director at Guildford, as well as supporting other Directors across the business. Maternity cover is required from April 2019.
Why work for Alexander Dennis Limited
Working at Alexander Dennis Limited (ADL) provides you with the opportunity to work with our exceptional team members, who are committed to designing, engineering, building and supporting innovative and world class quality vehicles. To provide every customer with an exceptional experience, you will get a chance to show your potential for growth, creativity, energetic ambitions and enthusiasm.
Get ready for a new journey in your life and join us.
Opportunities for the future
Every minute, in countless towns and cities around the world – including London, Hong Kong, New York City, Vancouver and Las Vegas – Alexander Dennis buses carry 25,000 passengers. The market is changing very fast and passengers depend on reliable and comfortable buses. ADL is at the forefront of the development of hybrid, smart diesel and electric vehicles which provide maximum customer satisfaction. This is a great opportunity for you to achieve the most in your career by joining growing, successful international business. ADL will continuously be support and develop the chances to make a positive difference in your career.
Your role and responsibilities
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Executive team and senior managers
- Assisting with the preparation of a range of reports, including Board reports
- Arranging travel and accommodation for the Executive team, senior managers and visitors to the Guildford site
- Maintaining time and attendance for the Executive team and senior managers
- Producing a weekly diary detailing the movements of the Executive team and senior managers
- Diary management
- Supporting with customer based events and site visits
- Coordinating stationery for the Guildford site
- Compiling meeting minutes
- Processing purchase orders
- Uploading content to the Intranet and updating site notice boards
- Managing board room bookings and catering
- Maintaining the conference suite facility
- Actively contributing towards the health and safety culture of the business
Your current profile
Applications are invited from candidates who can demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Prior experience of working as a Personal Assistant / Executive Assistant
- IT literate (MS Office is essential; experience of Enterprise Resource Planning applications is desirable)
- Excellent planning, organisation and customer service skills
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and prioritise workload
- High degree of professionalism, with the ability to respect confidentiality
- Organising and supporting site corporate social responsibility activities
How to apply
If your skills and experience are matching with this opportunity and you want to join a growing, successful international business, please fill in the form below to apply.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday, 23rd January 2019.
We regret that only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews. In the event that you are unsuccessful for this opportunity, we may still be able to help you and we will retain your application and consider you for other opportunities.