Department: Engineering and Design Aftermarket Manufacturing & Operations Location: Falkirk Guildford Larbert Scarborough Skelmersdale Contract: Permanent
Global Reliability Lead – Electrical and Software
Alexander Dennis – any UK site
Competitive package + half day on Fridays
At Alexander Dennis we design, engineer, procure and build a range of market leading buses and coaches to meet current and future client needs globally. Our turnover has tripled in the past ten years and we are now entering the next exciting phase of our ambitious growth plans.
With a 50% market share in the UK, you will no doubt have seen our Enviro200 single deck and Enviro400 double deck buses on the roads, along with our range of Coaches under the Plaxton brand. Do you have any idea of the work that goes into bringing these to market and ensuring reliability over 16-hour duty cycles, up to 15-year lifespans and hundreds of thousands of miles in all conditions?
Reliability at Alexander Dennis is our number one priority as it directly impacts our customers and the hundreds of thousands of people globally that rely on our vehicles every single day. Our vehicle systems are highly complex and at the cutting edge of technology, so we need the very best talent to drive our goal of world leading reliability. As such, we are looking for a Global Lead based from any of our UK sites and focusing on Electrical and Software.
Thinking differently is highly encouraged within the reliability function as we strive to meet both our internal and external customer’s demands. The right individual will be encouraged to positively challenge existing processes whilst contributing to change and improve results across all functions of the business. The multi-disciplined team (electrical, mechanical and software) is growing and we’re actively looking for individuals who can lead and complement our existing team, providing new skills and new expertise.
The challenge and pace is high but the rewards are certainly worth it!
- Due to the technical nature of the role, you will be educated to HNC level in a relevant Engineering discipline, with degree qualification highly advantageous.
- Ideally your work experience will be gained in the automotive industry and in particular bus, coach or HGV. We would also welcome those from mobile plant, rail and rolling stock, aerospace, marine, or other similarly complex electrical engineering
- You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability lead, direct and influence multidisciplinary teams both on site and working remotely.
- Accountability is crucial within the team so the ability to self-motivate and strive to meet challenging deadlines is essential.
- Your previous experience should include manufacturing or maintenance with knowledge of electrical systems. A broad understanding and experience of fabrication, sheet metal, welded structures, bonding or mechanical fastening also being advantageous.
About the role
As you would expect a variety of challenges and issues exist during any new product design, test and implementation programme. By providing leadership, support and guidance, it will be your responsibility to manage a cross functional team that will gather all relevant information from a variety of sources to define the problem using demonstrative root cause analysis techniques.
As an influencer you will then liaise with cross functional departments including Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Engineering, Finance and Operations to fully implement the solution; supporting successful manufacture and the delivery of our highly reliable products.
- You’ll be assured of an interesting and technically challenging workload from day one, where you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from an experienced and established team of experts in the UK and globally.
- Support and development underpin our success, so you can be assured of both technical and management training as the operating technology advances at never before experienced rates.
- It’s a dynamic, fast paced environment where no two days are the same with new challenges to overcome to deliver.
- Alongside improving your core reliability skills, you will also develop strong project management abilities and gain exposure to other parts of the business, in turn developing your commercial and business acumen and future career prospects.
- In addition to a competitive salary, pension, bonus and annual leave entitlement, you will also get every Friday afternoon off
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you - please apply by completing the details below and attaching your CV.
We regret that only those successful on application will be contacted for interview.