Department: Engineering and Design Manufacturing & Operations Location: Guildford Contract: Temporary
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Manufacturing Support department in Guildford for a Graduate Manufacturing Engineer. This is a one year fixed term contract and involves assisting with the creation and improvement of key manufacturing documents, such as work centres, standard operating procedures and process flows. The Graduate Manufacturing Engineer will also be responsible for delivering key project tasks associated with implementing digital systems for production tracking, improving the lineside tooling management system and conducting time and motion studies.
Why work for Alexander Dennis Limited
Working at Alexander Dennis Limited (ADL) provides you with the opportunity to work with our exceptional team members, who are committed to designing, engineering, building and supporting innovative and world class quality vehicles. To provide every customer with an exceptional experience, you will get a chance to show your potential for growth, creativity, energetic ambitions and enthusiasm.
Get ready for a new journey in your life and join us.
Opportunities for the future
Every minute, in countless towns and cities around the world – including London, Hong Kong, New York City, Vancouver and Las Vegas – Alexander Dennis buses carry 25,000 passengers. The market is changing very fast and passengers depend on reliable and comfortable buses. ADL is at the forefront of the development of hybrid, smart diesel and electric vehicles which provide maximum customer satisfaction. This is a great opportunity for you to achieve the most in your career by joining growing, successful international business. ADL will continuously be support and develop the chances to make a positive difference in your career.
Your role and responsibilities
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring all records are produced and maintained to a high standard, which as a minimum must conform to ISO 9001.
- Working with Manufacturing Engineers to document and define the required methods and instructions to ensure that products are built using the defined process and to the agreed specifications.
- Effective communication of build / process changes to Production personnel.
- Working under the supervision of Manufacturing Engineers to validate bill of materials documentation & work centre maintenance.
- Creating and continually updating manufacturing documents.
- Assisting in the accurate recording and evaluation of build / process times (via shop floor data collection process), with the objective of increasing labour efficiency and productivity (including training).
- Problem solving and investigations, including those related to customer concerns.
- Performing measurement and data gathering in a manufacturing environment.
- Performing various data structuring and data analysis tasks.
- Ensuring safe systems of work in accordance with risk assessments and method statements.
- Actively contributing towards the health and safety culture of the business.
Your current profile
Applications are invited from candidates who can demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree or HNC level or equivalent, with a basic technical background.
- Excellent MS Office skills (experience with AutoCad is desirable).
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to work with the minimum of supervision and deal with problems quickly and effectively.
- Enthusiastic and open minded.
- The ability to work to tight targets and deadlines.
- An understanding of lean manufacturing tools and techniques is desirable.
How to apply
If your skills and experience are matching with this opportunity and you want to join a growing, successful international business, please fill in the form below to apply.
The closing date for applications is Friday 18th January 2019.
We regret that only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews. In the event that you are unsuccessful for this opportunity, we may still be able to help you and we will retain your application and consider you for other opportunities.