Department: Finance Location: Larbert Contract: Fixed Term
Management Accountant (12-month Fixed Term)
Alexander Dennis – Larbert
Competitive package + half day on Fridays
At Alexander Dennis we design, engineer, procure and build a range of market leading buses and coaches to meet current and future client needs globally. Our turnover has tripled in the past ten years and we are now entering the next exciting phase of our ambitious growth plans. As part of this, we are looking for a Management Accountant to join our experienced and established team in Larbert.
Engineering at Alexander Dennis takes many forms; however, in simple terms, we design buses and coaches by seamlessly integrating third-party systems and components (engines, transmissions etc.) into the Alexander Dennis designed chassis and body, all to meet our customers exacting requirements. The chassis is the underpart of the vehicle, which the body is then attached to - think steel frame, engine, suspension etc.
As the Management Accountant, you will support our Engineering and New Product Development activities globally with accountability for understanding and positively affecting the project and operational costs associated with our products.
- You’ll have an interesting and technically challenging workload from day one, working with a range of internal stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- You’ll get to work cross functionally with colleagues around the world and influence up to executive level both internally and externally, with the ability to see the tangible results of your hard work.
- It’s a dynamic, fast paced environment where no two days are the same with significant challenges for you to overcome.
- Alongside improving your costing and management accounting skills you will also gain exposure to other parts of the business, in turn enhancing your future career prospects.
- We will support with coaching and development with the tools and techniques you will need to succeed.
- On top of a competitive package, which includes pension and bonus, we also operate a half day on Fridays.
- Due to the nature of the role, it is essential that you are highly numerical, analytical and able to display a strong financial and commercial awareness.
- As the conduit between various internal stakeholders you will be highly resilient, being able to display strong project accounting knowledge and an understanding of the effect of cost control and overhead reporting on overall company profitability.
- You will bring with you is excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, being able to influence and negotiate at all levels.
- Meticulous by nature and with a great eye for detail, you will take great pride in your ability to influence costs within the business.
- Ideally you will be a Qualified Accountant, however we would also consider those qualified by experience. You will however be comfortable with Business Intelligence packages.
About the role:
- You will be engaged in ‘month end’ tasks associated to new product development activities, this includes: recording hours worked, labour invoices and amortization, as well as reporting and forecasting the project budgets.
- You will join and where appropriate lead the new product development monthly finance meeting with the Project Managers and other stakeholders. From this follow up on any outstanding information and once finalised produce the executive presentation pack.
- Adherence with, as well as continuous improvement of the project cost and operational overhead controls and governance.
- Tracking, reporting, and forecasting of labour allocations and overheads within the Engineering department.
- Using your strong stakeholder management skills, you will develop effective working relationships with key budget holders and Project Managers to provide insight and support on all Engineering financial matters.
- You will be responsible for presenting Monthly Financial data to Engineering and Central Finance teams on performance.
- As required, you will complete grant claims, submitting documents to various public bodies and auditors.
- Audit Compliance and Governance: Return any backup information requested by auditors with regards to the claim, including copy invoices, Bacs details, Syspro (Business Intelligence software) downloads etc.
- Monthly Capex consolidation report to reconcile with Hyperion (Business Intelligence software used for consolidations)
- You will be asked to provide cover for the role of Finance Business Partner during periods of absence.
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you - please apply by completing the details below and attaching your CV.
We regret that only those successful on application will be contacted for interview.