Department: Finance Location: Skelmersdale Contract: Fixed Term
Payroll Administrator (Maternity Cover)
Competitive package + half day on Fridays
Alexander Dennis is the UK’s leading bus and coach manufacturer, employing around 2,500 people at facilities in the UK and around the world. As the fastest growing bus and coach-builder in Western Europe, Alexander Dennis encompasses three famous and successful marques – Alexander, Dennis and Plaxton and we are passionate about advancing the quality of life and travel by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient transport solutions that exceed the expectations of our global customers.
Alexander Dennis produces a wide range of innovative and fuel efficient, low floor single and double deck buses, plus a full portfolio of coaches, welfare and mini vehicles to meet current and future client needs globally. We are a global business committed to achieving sustainable progress and enduring results through innovation.
Responsible for maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, Banking and Accounting and Payroll functions globally, the Financial Shared Service Centre (FSSC) is at the heart of our business. In addition, the FSSC are setting and managing the Global Financial Improvements Agenda as we develop into a centre of excellence and deliver on our mission:
“to provide all stakeholders with the highest standard of service at all times, demonstrating a commitment to continually improve standards and process effectiveness whilst supporting one another as a team”
The successful candidate will be experienced in all payroll and PAYE related activities including month-end and year-end Real Time Information submissions and will ideally, but not essentially, have experience of the Equator Payroll System. The role holder will have excellent communication and customer service skills, and have the ability to maintain and develop relationships with key stakeholders throughout the business.
Accuracy, flexibility, integrity and attention to detail are key competencies that are an essential fit for this role; as is being able to demonstrate sound financial awareness, the ability to prioritise workloads and to multi-task. The role holder will have well developed skills in Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
What you will be doing:
To provide maternity cover for current post holder, the successful candidate will be primarily responsible for the end-to-end processing of the high-volume weekly payroll and salaried payroll for our site in Falkirk. The candidate will also manage the time and attendance activity for the site.
This role encompasses the full weekly and monthly payroll cycle from processing of starters, leavers and contract changes through to inputting payroll data, checking and balancing the payroll. Then you will be responsible for transmitting monies to the bank via our payments system and finally to reconcile all payroll, pension and 3rd party payments. You will also provide support and cover to additional Alexander Dennis payrolls as and when required and to play a full part in our Payroll Improvements Agenda.
- We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals.
- We offer comprehensive benefits that align with our business strategies, as well as a half day on Fridays.
- You’ll have an interesting and technically challenging workload from day one, working with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- You’ll get to work cross functionally with colleagues around the world, with the ability to influence and see the tangible results of your hard work.
- It’s a dynamic, fast paced environment where no two days are the same with significant challenges for you to overcome.
- Alongside improving your payroll skills, you will also gain exposure to other parts of the business, in turn enhancing your future career prospects.
- We will support you with coaching and development with the tools and techniques you will need to succeed.
- We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages and values the different experiences and backgrounds of our employees, spurring innovation, generating creative solutions and enhancing our customer relations.
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you; please apply by completing the form below and attaching a copy of your CV.
We regret that only those successful on application will be contacted for interview.
Closing date: Thursday 30 May
No Agencies please