Department: Engineering and Design Manufacturing & Operations Quality Location: Falkirk Guildford Larbert Scarborough Skelmersdale Contract: Permanent
Process Quality Engineer
Location – Any UK
Competitive package + half day on Fridays
At Alexander Dennis we design, engineer, procure and build a range of market leading busses and coaches to meet current and future client needs globally. Our turnover has tripled in the past ten years and we are now entering the next exciting phase of our ambitious growth plans. As part of this, we are looking to appoint a Process Quality Engineer.
Engineering at Alexander Dennis takes many forms; however, in simple terms, we design buses and coaches by seamlessly integrating third-party systems and components (engines, transmissions etc.) into the Alexander Dennis designed chassis and body, all to meet our customers exacting requirements.
With a 50% market share in the UK, you will no doubt have seen our Enviro 200 single deck and Enviro 400 double deck buses on the roads. Do you have any idea of the engineering that goes into bringing these to market and ensuring reliability over 16-hour duty cycles, up to 15-year lifespans and hundreds of thousands of miles in all conditions?
Quality and reliability are key to success in this industry. To ensure that we deliver products that meet our customer expectations, we are looking for a highly functioning professional to support governance and continuous improvement of our processes and standards. Specifically, the Engineering Product Development process and the wider Alexander Dennis Quality Management System
- To be successful you will have previous experience in a similar role as identified in this advert, ideally gained in an Engineering or Process Control related Quality Assurance role.
- Specifically, you should be able to evidence success of audit and continious improvement of processes and quality standards.
- Ideally you will be qualified to HNC or Degree level (or equivalent experience), as well as holding an industry recognised auditing authority certificate (or equivalent experience).
- You will have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, being able to influence and negotiate at all levels.
- You will be fully conversant and competent at conducting internal audits and supporting external ISO auditing. Furthermore, you will have experience of rolling out/implementing and training teams on processes and process adherence.
- You will be highly IT literate, being a competent user of Microsoft Office, including Visio. Experience with Quality Management Systems software, such as Q-pulse would be highly advantageous.
About the role
- Responsibility for working with the Engineering Leadership Team to audit processes and work with them to optimise these as part of a continuous improvement agenda. Included in this is:
- Process performance measurement
- Process improvements, including Procedures, Forms and Templates
- Integrating with business wide processes, such as Engineering Change Control, ADIOS, Design briefs, Business improvement
- Ensure full Supplier approval sign-off is achieved on all products and projects
- Own the Engineering Quality Management System (Qpulse)
- Own and administer the Engineering internal audit schedule
- Drive process adherence across all Engineering Functions
- Coordinate maintenance and develop consistency of Engineering standards, both internally and externally, such as IHS Subscription.
- You’ll have an interesting and technically challenging workload from day one, where you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from an experienced and established team of experts in the UK and globally.
- It’s a dynamic, fast paced environment where no two days are the same with new challenges to overcome and deliver innovative solutions.
- You’ll gain exposure to all parts of the business, enhancing your profile and future career opportunities as we continue our growth trajectory.
- On top of a competitive package, which includes pension and bonus, we also operate a half day on Fridays.
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you - please apply by completing the details below and attaching your CV.
We regret that only those successful on application will be contacted for interview.