Department: Procurement & Supply Chain Corporate & Executive Manufacturing & Operations Quality Location: North America Contract: Permanent
Site Operations Director
Location - Nappanee, Indiana, USA
Competitive salary and benefits package including Bonus + private health + 401K + opportunities for advancement
At Alexander Dennis we design, engineer, procure and build a range of market leading busses and coaches to meet current and future client needs globally. Our Group revenue has tripled in the past ten years and we are now entering the next exciting phase of our ambitious growth plans.
We have a great track record of success in North America with revenues expected to double in the next four years. With increased urbanisation happening across the continent, we have an enviable portfolio of products that are not only desirable but offer an economically attractive and effective means of mass transit. Ensuring that supply can keep up with demand is key, which is why we are looking for an astute Site Operations Director.
Reporting into the UK based President, this is a pivotal leadership role with overall accountability for the operational P&L of our facilities in Nappanee, Indiana. Leading a cross functional team and over 200 employees in total, you will be responsible for building capability, flexibility and overall agility into the workplace. You will drive forward a positive culture through vision, values and behaviours, ultimately delivering reliable buses on time and to budget. There is also future potential to increase the scope of this role to include accountability for other North American facilities.
- To be successful, you will hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, with superior business acumen and drive for results.
- You will have a proven track record of success operating at General/Operational/Plant Management level. This experience will include full operational, P&L responsibility in a progressive, fast moving, engineering/manufacturing environment e.g. OEM, automotive, aerospace, capital equipment etc.
- A strong working knowledge and or qualification in lean manufacturing techniques would be highly advantageous.
- You will bring with you excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing, with strong presentational skills. Furthermore, you will have well-developed leadership, motivational and management skills with the ability to interface at all levels.
- You will have a strong personality, with the confidence to challenge, and ability to inspire confidence and commitment, from subordinates and team members.
- Sound analytical ability with reasoned, well balanced and calculated decision-making qualities.
- Bias for action and a strong desire to outperform on all metrics and areas of the business
About the role:
- You will manage all strategic and day to day operational activities of the site, with an emphasis on performance improvement, productivity and bottom line results, coupled with teamwork and communication at all levels.
- Cultivate strong, clear leadership and vision, creating an operational environment which promotes empowerment, motivation, participation and team working.
- Health and safety is our number one priority and you will continue to promote a culture of safety in the business, ensuring the achievement of continued improvement of safety statistics.
- You will assess the strengths of the business, including people, processes, systems, equipment, materials etc., and ensure a structure is in place to support new business introduction.
- Using your analytical skills, you will address future market and business needs by formulating a business unit strategic plan in line with key market objectives and growth, and by supporting the introduction of new products and processes. Included in this is involvement in major capex projects.
- Develop a strategy for continual people development and succession planning, assessing the skills and capabilities of the existing team, to equip the team to meet the future needs of the business.
- You’ll have an interesting and technically challenging workload from day one, where you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from an experienced and established team of experts in the UK and globally.
- It’s a dynamic, fast paced environment where no two days are the same with new challenges to overcome.
- You’ll Work as part of a dedicated North American team.
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you - please apply by completing the details below and attaching your CV.
We regret that only those successful on application will be contacted for interview.