Department: Aftermarket Contract: Permanent
Technical Support Engineer
Alexander Dennis – UK wide
Competitive remuneration and benefits package
At Alexander Dennis we design, engineer, procure and build a range of market leading buses and coaches to meet current and future client needs globally. Our turnover has tripled in the past ten years and we are now entering the next exciting phase of our ambitious growth plans.
New Product Development and Business in new territories has grown massively with the ongoing success of Alexander Dennis in Germany, Switzerland and the Americas. As such, we are looking for a highly technically competent and customer focused Technical Support Engineer to join our established Aftermarket division.
As a Technical Support Engineer it is your responsibility to support with New Product Development activities from vehicle design, vehicle build and whole life cost input to field trials, introduction of vehicles to customers and infant care agent support. In doing this, it means that you will be travelling globally, working from both our sites and our customers, as well as in the field.
- It is a technically challenging role and therefore it is essential that you have a strong track record in the maintenance/repair of buses, including body, electrical and mechanical.
- Working on modern, high-tech vehicles, it is essential that your electrical diagnostic skills will include the use of ‘Multiplex’ systems. Furthermore, your mechanical diagnostic and repair skills will include working on engine, transmission and compressed air system as a minimum.
- Ideally you will be qualified and experienced, with diagnostics and repair of Cummins ISB & ISL and Daimler (MB) OM936, including the use of XENTRY.
- We pride ourselves on our customer care and therefore you will be comfortable in a customer facing role. As a result of this, you will have excellent communication skills, both written (Microsoft Office) and verbal.
- German language skills would be a distinct advantage (training can be provided).
- Full EU driving license with Category D for buses is essential.
What you will be doing:
- Active involvement in the development and implementation of a network of Agents and Sub-Contractors globally to support growing vehicle sales activities.
- Responsible for ensuring Customers/Agents/Sub-Contractors/Suppliers have the skills, experience, qualifications and infrastructure to support Alexander Dennis products and deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Provide product training for Customers/Agents/Sub-Contractors/Suppliers.
- You will have accountability for warranty repairs and campaign modifications, including the reporting of defects/trends and failure investigation. As part of this, you will attend and provide expert advice to the engineering product reviews.
- You will have an interesting and technically challenging workload from day one, where you will be able to see the tangible results of your hard work.
- It’s a dynamic, fast paced environment where no two days are the same and lots of challenges for you to overcome daily. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to travel and spend time in countries around the world.
- You’ll receive a competitive salary, pension, bonus and annual leave entitlement.
- Alongside improving your core engineering and maintenance skills, you will also gain exposure to other parts of the business, in turn developing your future career prospects.
- We have a strong track record of global delivery and so you will have an experienced and supportive team on call to help you settle in, with the autonomy you need to thrive.
- You’ll be eligible for secondments and permanent relocation in countries such as Germany, Canada and others in south-east Asia.
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you; please apply by completing the form below and attaching a copy of your CV.
We regret that only those successful on application will be contacted for interview.