Department: Aftermarket Location: Germany Contract: Permanent
At Alexander Dennis we design, engineer, procure and build a range of market leading buses and coaches to meet current and future client needs globally. Our turnover has tripled in the past ten years and we are now entering the next exciting phase of our ambitious growth plans, which includes expansion into Continental Europe and a new base in Berlin.
We are looking for a highly technically competent and customer focused Technical Support Engineer to join our new team in Berlin. First and foremost; it will be your responsibility for ensuring exceptional levels of customer satisfaction and vehicle availability in Germany and Switzerland. As we continue to grow, you will play an important role in developing the essential infrastructure needed across Europe to deliver these ambitions plans.
- It is a technically challenging role and therefore it is essential that you have a strong track record in the maintenance/repair of buses, including body, electrical and mechanical.
- Ideally this experience will be from the Passenger Carrying Vehicles (PCV) industry; however, we would be equally interested to hear from those within Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGV) and the Rail
- Working on modern, high-tech vehicles, it is essential that your electrical diagnostic skills will include the use of ‘Multiplex’ systems. Furthermore, your mechanical diagnostic and repair skills will include working on engine, transmission and compressed air system as a minimum.
- Ideally you will be qualified and experienced, with diagnostics and repair of Cummins ISB & ISL and Daimler (MB) OM936, including the use of XENTRY.
- We pride ourselves on our customer care and therefore you will be comfortable in a customer facing role. As a result of this, you will have excellent communication skills, both written (Microsoft Office) and verbal in English and German. Other European languages, such as French would be highly advantageous.
- Full EU driving license with Category D for buses is essential.
About the role:
- It will be your responsibility for maintaining maximum vehicle availability for our existing customers in Germany and Switzerland.
- You will achieve this through a combination of hands-on maintenance of vehicles, as well as the development and implementation of a network of Agents and Sub-Contractors.
- It will be your responsibility to ensure that Customers/Agents/Sub-Contractors/Suppliers have the skills, experience, qualifications and access to the right parts to deliver an exceptional customer experience. This includes delivering training sessions.
- You will have accountability for warranty repairs and campaign modifications, including the reporting of defects/trends and failure investigation. As part of this, you will attend and provide expert advice to the engineering product reviews.
- As we continue to grow, you will support with business development activities, including the development of new products, services, publications and tenders across both the UK and Continental Europe. This will involve travel and time away from home, particularly at the beginning of projects to fully understand new products.
- You will have an interesting and technically challenging workload from day one.
- You will have a full training program focused on our products to deliver the best class service to our customers
- We see Germany as the future centre for Alexander Dennis in Continental Europe and therefore this is a great opportunity to join an exciting and growing business during these early entrepreneurial
- We have a strong track record of global delivery and so you will have an experienced and supportive team on call to help you settle in, with the autonomy you need to thrive.
- Alongside improving your core engineering and maintenance skills, you will also gain exposure to other parts of the business, in turn developing your future career prospects.
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you; please apply by completing the form below and attaching a copy of your CV.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 13 April.
We regret that only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.