Department: Procurement & Supply Chain Location: Guildford Contract: Permanent
At Alexander Dennis we design, engineer, procure and build a range of market leading buses and coaches to meet current and future client needs globally. Our turnover has tripled in the past ten years and we are now entering the next exciting phase of our ambitious growth plans.
With a 50% market share in the UK, you will no doubt have seen our E200 single deck and E400 double deck buses on the roads. Do you have any idea of the work that goes into bringing these to market and ensuring reliability over 16-hour duty cycles, up to 15-year lifespans and hundreds of thousands of miles in all conditions?
Guildford is one of our three main UK build sites and we have approximately 350+ employees on site across every possible job function. To help us achieve our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for a dynamic Warehouse Manager for this complex and busy site.
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain, you will have responsibility for controlling, monitoring and delivering a smooth, safe and efficient warehouse operation, as well leading, supporting and managing a sizeable team.
- It’s a challenging position, so it’s essential that you are able to demonstrate success in a similar role as defined in this advert.
- Ideally your work experience will be gained in the Automotive industry, however we would also welcome those from mobile plant, rail and rolling stock, aerospace, marine, or other similarly complex engineering
- You will be a people focused manager, with strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability lead, mentor and develop high performing teams, as well as taking a hands-on approach to all areas of accountability.
- You will have a logical and analytical mindset, with the ability to develop and deliver effective and timely solutions to challenging situations.
- Familiarity and experience of Lean and Continuous Improvement principals or similar would be highly advantageous.
Alexander Dennis has grown rapidly in recent years and as such, some of our infrastructure in terms of systems and processes require a re-think. We’re looking for someone who has experience of what materials management best practice looks like and can play a pivotal role in implementing this within the Warehouse at Alexander Dennis.
Through leadership of a team of approximately forty FTE, you will be accountable for:
- Using your analytical problem-solving skills to firstly understand our existing Warehousing processes, you will then devise and implement solutions to reduce errors, improve inventory accuracy and efficiency.
- Engaging and motivating a diverse team to deliver a first class warehouse service, ensuring that KPIs are met, and encouraging a continuous improvement mindset.
- You’ll have an interesting and challenging workload from day one.
- It’s a dynamic, fast paced environment where no two days are the same with significant challenges for you to get stuck into.
- Accountability for success within the warehouse lies with you and you will have a team around you to help make it happen.
If your skills and experience are matching with this challenging role and you want to join a growing, successful international business, then we would love to hear from you. With a competitive package and work perks which include a half day finish on Fridays, Alexander Dennis offers a friendly and welcoming working environment and a great place to develop your career. Please apply by filling in the form below.