Department: Aftermarket Location: Guildford Contract: Permanent
An opportunity has arisen within the Aftermarket division of Alexander Dennis Limited for the position of Warehouse Team Leader based in Guildford within the Aftermarket department and reporting to the Head of UK Operations.
Why work for Alexander Dennis Limited
Working at Alexander Dennis Limited (ADL) provides you with the opportunity to work with our exceptional team members, who are committed to designing, engineering, building and supporting innovative and world class quality vehicles. To provide every customer with an exceptional experience, you will get a chance to show your potential for growth, creativity, energetic ambitions and enthusiasm.
Get ready for a new journey in your life and join us.
Opportunities for the future
Every minute, in countless towns and cities around the world – including London, Hong Kong, New York City, Vancouver and Las Vegas – Alexander Dennis buses carry 25,000 passengers. The market is changing very fast and passengers depend on reliable and comfortable buses. ADL is at the forefront of the development of hybrid, smart diesel and electric vehicles which provide maximum customer satisfaction. This is a great opportunity for you to achieve the most in your career by joining growing, successful international business. ADL will continuously be support and develop the chances to make a positive difference in your career.
Your role and responsibilities
The overall purpose of the role is to ensure that warehouse operational processes and procedures for inbound and outbound parts are completed in a timely and accurate manner to maximise customer satisfaction at all times. To lead and control a team of warehouse operatives and van drivers and ensure system transactions are completed in a timely and accurate manner across the warehouse function whilst also ensuring a safe working environment is maintained at all times.
As a key member of the Aftermarket team the role will include the following tasks:
- Take responsibility for a team of warehouse operatives ensuring daily targets are met in all areas of warehousing
- Ensure a Health & Safety culture is adopted/promoted in line with H&S policy/schedule & all H&S matters are dealt with in a timely manner
- All system transactions are completed in a timely accurate standard
- Performance manage operatives to ensure quality & performance levels are met in line with KPI’s & company requirements
- Participate in maintaining an agreed housekeeping standard
- Comply with current or new operating processes and procedures
- Work with and support Continuous Improvement activities
- To co-ordinate and plan the daily logistical operation of the in house delivery vans and drivers
Your current profile
The successful candidate should have the following attributes and be able to demonstrate experience of the following:
- Must have at least one years experience in working within a busy warehouse or distribution network
- Able to work on own initiative under pressure
- Must hold or be willing to gain an internal F.L.T (counterbalance) license
- Must have excellent communication skills
- A good knowledge of chassis and body parts would be an advantage
- Willing to take on H&S & role/business related training
How to apply
If your skills and experience are matching with this opportunity and you want to join a growing, successful international business, please fill in the form below to apply.
The closing date for applications is Friday 08 February 2019.
We regret that only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews. In the event that you are unsuccessful for this opportunity, we may still be able to help you and we will retain your application and consider you for other opportunities.