Alexander Dennis Limited (“ADL”), a subsidiary of NFI Group Inc. (“NFI”), one of the world’s largest independent global bus manufacturers, today confirmed a programme of building wheelchair-accessible Plaxton Leopard coaches complying with the United Kingdom’s PSV Accessibility Regulations (PSVAR), built as stock to meet customers’ requirements. This is in addition to PSVAR-compliant versions of all Plaxton coach models when built to order, including a new side lift option on the Plaxton Panther.
Responding to the increase in demand for accessible coaches, Plaxton Leopard coaches with side-mounted lifts ensure that the market’s favourite school hire coach remains top of its class by seating 57 in 2+2 configuration or 70 when built to high-capacity 2+3 layout.
PSVAR-compliant Leopard stock will be ready from the spring, and while the first 18 examples have already been sold, strong availability remains from May onwards with vehicles completed throughout the year.
When built to order, all models in the Plaxton coach range continue to be available in versions meeting PSVAR standards. Choice is further improved with the new option of a side-mounted lift on the 12.8m Plaxton Panther. The first five have been sold for delivery in the autumn and orders are being taken for configurations of 53 seats plus toilet or a fully seated version for 59 passengers.
An early champion of accessible coaches, Plaxton now offers no fewer than 11 versions across its entire model range:
- Plaxton Leopard, 12.8m B8R – side lift, 57 or 70 seats
- Plaxton Leopard, 12.8m B8R – twin exit doors with staircase lift, 49 seats
- Plaxton Panther, 12.6m B11R – staircase lift, 49 (with toilet) or 53 seats
- Plaxton Panther, 12.8m B8R – side lift, 53 (with toilet) or 59 seats
- Plaxton Panther LE, 14.6m B8RLE – manual ramp, 53 seats
- Plaxton Elite, 12.6m B11R – staircase lift, 49 (with toilet) or 53 seats
- Plaxton Elite, 14m B11R – staircase lift, 57 seats (with toilet)
- Plaxton Elite, 15m B11R – staircase lift, 61 seats (with toilet)
- Plaxton Elitei, 13.8m B11R – manual ramp, 63 seats (with toilet)
- Plaxton Elitei, 15m B11R – manual ramp, 75 seats (with toilet)
- Plaxton Panorama, 14.5m B11RLE – manual ramp at entrance or exit door, 87 (with toilet) or 90 seats
Plaxton’s General Manager Coach Sales, Simon Wood, comments: “Building our coaches right here in Britain gives us the flexibility to respond quickly to market demands and tailor specifications to our customers’ requirements. We offer PSVAR-compliant versions of all of our coach models when built to order, as well as a strong programme of accessible Plaxton Leopard stock ready to go straight into service from the spring.”